Escape Room Games
By purchasing the ticket, you (“Ticket Holder”) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of sale specified herein and any other provision as may be specified by Know Escape Ltd (“Escape Room Owner” a trading name of Know Escape Ltd) from this time. Know Escape Ltd, their agents or employees shall not be liable for any death, personal injury, loss, damage however caused while in the venue, location or place related to Know Escape Ltd Escape Room (“Site”) nor are they liable for any complaints, claims, refunds, or exchange for any reason, including without limitation, cancellation or postponement of Know Escape Ltd. Booking fees and handling fees shall not be refundable. Any refunds shall be made only at the management’s discretion. Tickets are sold subject to the following conditions:
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
- The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of the Know Escape Ltd company. Use is not permitted without the written consent of Know Escape Ltd and such use will constitute an infringement.
- The company collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensuring that the privacy of your personal information is protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of the company’s control and are used at your own risk. The company accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any use of those websites.
- To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Know Escape Ltd disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties, merchantability or fitness for the operation of the Know Escape Ltd escape room game. Know Escape Ltd does not warrant the reliability, accuracy, completeness, current or error-free of the product, content and materials included, used or deployed on the Site. If a product, content or material is not as described, you have expressly waived the right to claim any damages and/or losses including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages derived from such use or reliance of the description of the product, content or material.
Onsite & Game Play
The game(s) is designed for a team of 2-10 people per room (depending on room).
Upon booking you have agreed to participate, join, enter, use, play and/or access Know Escape Ltd at your own risk. Know Escape Ltd expects visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
Upon booking you agree to behave, conduct, perform, carry out, execute, achieve and complete the Know Escape Ltd escape room game in accordance to the instruction, command and rules specified by Know Escape Ltd employees. On failure to do so Know Escape Ltd, including employee or agent shall have the right and power to decline or refuse your entry to the Site
Know Escape Ltd shall exercise the right to charge you for any damage which is intentional or caused by misuse of items.
All items including but not limited to your personal belongings, objects, luggage, baggage, watches, wallet, items and/or property shall be kept by you at your sole risk. In any event, Know Escape Ltd, including the employee or agent, shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss of your personal belongings, stuff, object, luggage, baggage, watches, wallet, item and/or property, either within the site or outside of the site. The risk of loss for your personal belongings, objects, luggage, baggage, watches, wallet, items and/or property shall be borne by you upon entrance on the Site or engagement with the Know Escape Ltd business.
- Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a game.
- All pricing is outlined on the website or may be requested over the telephone. Know Escape Ltd has the right to amend the pricing structure without prior notice.
- Game pricing is set according to the group size (between 2-10 people).
- At this time bookings can only be made online.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. If booking is made over the telephone full payment must be made immediately.
- All bookings are final and any amendments/alterations are at the discretion of Know Escape Ltd management.
- Only one type of discount or offer can be used within a single transaction. Know Escape Ltd management has the right to refuse any discount or offer if the ticket holder is deemed to be misusing the offer applied.
- Games may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a game is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Game or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the game.
- You shall not enter the site under the influence of drugs or intoxicated. Failure to adhere will result in Know Escape Ltd employee or agents reserving all rights and power to decline or refuse you entry to the site. All rights are reserved to take the necessary legal action to ensure the reputation of the Know Escape Ltd business remains intact and guarded against any risk or harm towards the Know Escape Ltd business. All losses, damages or legal costs derived from such incident shall be solely borne by you.
- We encourage you to wear suitable attire including but not limited to footwear and clothing before the commencement of the Know Escape Ltd game.
- Know Escape Ltd does not tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees.
- No food or drink is permitted within the escape rooms.
Video & Photographic Materials
- Video and audio recordings are used within the game rooms, these will be used for legitimate business uses including but not limited to monitoring of games, training & crime prevention.
- On occasion we will look to utilise video recordings to create promotional tools but will only do so upon receiving written consent for all individuals included in the footage.
- During/following each mission photographs of each team will be taken. These photographs may be uploaded to social media sites or utilised for promotional purposes. If selected photographs are utilised then we will endeavour to maintain your anonymity by ensuring that no names or personal details are included.
- You are not allowed to record, capture, snap or save any photograph, video, film, tape or audio recording whatsoever before, during and after the Know Escape Ltd escape room game without the explicit permission of Know Escape Ltd. If such recording activity is found within the site, Know Escape Ltd, including the employee or agent, shall reserve the power, authority and consent expressly granted by you to delete, remove or transfer such recording to any device, media or hardware owned by Know Escape Ltd and the copyright of such recordings will be deemed automatically granted by you to Know Escape Ltd.
- You have 60 minutes to escape from the Room. All the clues you need to solve the puzzles are in the Room; you just need to find them and put them together.Our puzzles are designed to be solved using logic, critical (and often lateral) thinking, observation, insight, and communication. In short, brain power!
- Physical power is not required; if you feel brute force might be the solution to a puzzle, you are on the wrong track.
- Don’t stand or climb on furniture. There are no clues in or on the ceiling. Do not break any glass!
- The Room is equipped with cameras to monitor safety and track the progress of the participants. You can ask the camera for 3 hints over the course of your game. If you are stuck for a long time, Know Escape Ltd reserves the right to offer you a hint over the radio to help promote the moving of the game.
- The Room does have an emergency exit, should extraordinary circumstances require it. In the case of a non-emergency need to leave the room (illness, sudden need for departure, requiring the restroom), you can can use the push to exit button next to the door. The clock will not stop.
- Please do not take pictures or make video/audio recordings while in the Room.
- Keep any clues, combinations, and solutions to our puzzles to yourself so that others may enjoy the Room after you.
- Know Escape Ltd will take a couple pictures of you and your team after the game to post on our website and/or social media pages.
- Be aware Know Escape Ltd may utilize strobe or flashing lights or a smoke machine. Please advise ahead of time if this will cause a health issue as we can make adjustments to the room.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Be aware there may be scary sounds and or visuals in the room.
- Know Escape Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove from the Room, any person whose demeanor or actions are deemed to pose a threat to the safety of themselves, other participants, or the Room itself. In this case there will be no refund or other compensation.
- Vouchers are valid for the period as described on the confirmation email. The gift voucher expiration date will be stated on them and can not be used after that date.
- Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
- If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher(s), the difference can be made up with a credit card payment. If it is less, then change can not be given.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any special promotions, discount tokens, coupons or cards.
- Vouchers cannot be sold to any third parties without our consent. If we do give our consent then such consent may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any event you may not sell the Vouchers through the internet without our express written consent, which you must obtain before making any such sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse to permit any sale of Vouchers by you to a third party.
- Our Gift Vouchers will be dispatched to you with the value chosen at purchase.
- All Gift vouchers are valid for escape room bookings only.
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed via our website.
- Players are asked where possible to bring a mask to wear in the game, if you do not bring one we will provide you with a disposable mask.
- Players will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival and departure, sanitisation points will be at the entrance/exits to the venue and entrances/exits to games.
- Players must not attend if they have are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone showing symptoms in the past 14 day or if they have been told to isolate by NHS contact-trace service. Please contact us immediately to re-arrange your game if this applies to you. In the event that a member of your team is showing symptoms at any stage of your visit, you will be asked to leave and your game will be forfeit.
- Players must be from the same household/social bubble.
- The person booking will be sent a link to checkin 2 days before the experience, please be sure to complete this and send the link to everyone on the team, anyone who hasn’t checked prior to arrival will not be able to take part on the day.
- We may have to adapt our terms to meet local/central government requirements or to ensure the maximum saftey to our staff and customers alike.